Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Lockdown...

It's day three of Snowmageddon IV and it seems most people are predicting DEFCON 2.

I'm predicting I'll be stuck at this hotel until Friday.

Why am I in South Dakota in the first place? Good question. Actually, we had an event scheduled for Tuesday and we came up for that reason. Today I was supposed to be on my way to Minneapolis to conduct All Aboard Wheat Harvest training. I was actually looking forward to that leg of the trip. I enjoy trips to the city. I am far from a city as the snow falls around us.

Why are we stuck? The interstate is closed from Mitchell, S.D. to Rapid City, S.D., where they have recorded 28 inches of snow so far. That stretch of interstate is roughly three-quarters of the state. It's not a small section, it's pretty much the entire state.

These are some things I can tell you about hotel prison:

  • The bar is the place to be. 

Oh, you were expecting more? 


No comments: