Monday, July 23, 2018

Backyard friend...

I hate snakes. Hate. Them. They creep me out and I can honestly say I have a genuine fear of them. Not sure where I got that (cough...my entire family....cough).

I was out watering my patio plants one evening and as I went to shut the water off I encountered my first sighting of home ownership.

ACK! I froze. There it was. Small. With his beady little head up at attention. He was lying at the base of the house close to the faucet where I needed to be.

Damnit.

I had a choice. Let the water run. Or buck it up and turn the water off.

Damnit.

I didn't want to go near there, but it was tiny. I ran. I shut it off quick and then ran to the house. Locked the door. And didn't go back out for two days. The plants could just be thirsty.



When I got in I sent a text to my Partner In Crime (PIC) and others. I got about the responses I was expecting.

"If it was lighter outside I'd make you come to town with a spade and kill this slithery demon."

"That snake is more afraid of you than you are at him."

"Wrong. Oh, and thanks, Grandma. That's not what I wanted to hear."

I'd put snake repellent down, but I'm afraid I'll trap it inside the privacy fence. And, NOBODY wants that.

I did, however, get me some tools from sis in case it comes back. I have a rake, a snow shovel, and a shovel.

A rake? A snow shovel? I thought the same thing, but sis had a great theory.

Chop it in two, rake it onto the snow shovel, and dispose of it.

Of course, I can't see myself doing it. I'd likely be watching the PIC out my window. With all the doors locked. Until I know he's gotten rid of it.



No comments: