Thursday, July 19, 2018

The work bench...

The finished product. 
Every home needs a workbench. A place to do projects and a place to store cheap hand tools.

I have one now.

Thanks, Dad.

Sidenote: This was indeed a Pinterest project. The Partner In Crime didn't shoot this one down, but I thought this would be a great project for Dad and me to work on when they came for Mother's Day weekend. 

So, how did we do it? We had a rough plan, made about thirty minutes prior. Mom kept asking me if we had a plan, and I kept answering with "we'll find something on Pinterest that morning."



Mom wanted a plan. So, sitting at breakfast we made a plan. After we thought we had what we wanted we stopped off at the Restore in Lawrence first. Believe it or not, that table in the photo is an old door. We gathered all the materials we'd need at the restore (minus the pegboard) and it cost $16 and some change.

We had to hit up a hardware store for the pegboard, and that was $20 (more than the rest of the project combined).

With our restored materials in hand, we went to work and put the door on hinges so that it pops up when I want to work, and will fold down when I'm not using it and need some space. We also put all my tools up, and I got a circular saw that used to belong to my great grandpa. Dad left it with me because it just sits at home, "just don't saw your fingers off."

Check.

Now, I have all the room I need to do as many ridiculous Pinterest projects I want.

No comments: