Monday, July 16, 2018

Trust me, I saw it on Pinterest...

I have a pinning problem. 

Pinterest causes grandiose ideas. These ideas often get a questioning eye raise from my Partner In Crime.

But, he's really nice about it. And, by that I mean he doesn't make me feel crazy or stupid. In fact, I usually see the error of my ways or the reality of the situation after bouncing these ideas off him.

A conversation usually goes like this:

Me: "I saw this thing on Pinterest..."

PIC: I get the look. It's a look that says, "how can we diffuse this down to not a good idea." Without actually saying that said idea is the "dumbest thing he's ever heard of."

Me: "What? I'm serious. It looks easy."

PIC: The head nod of acknowledgment that means, let's really think about this.

This is where I explain the idea.


Me: "I saw this thing in this garage that they did to hide their furnace and water heater from the outside when the door is open. It's like a temp wall and then they put a fancy treatment on it and it made it pretty."

PIC: "I wouldn't."

Me: "Well, that was fast."

PIC: "It's not a good idea. You shouldn't really block it."

Me: "There's room. It would just be behind the wall."

PIC: "What if you need to put a vehicle on this side, or something else?"

Me: Damn. He's right. "Fine, but, what about..."

PIC: "How about focusing on another part of the house?"

Me: "Oh, I have a board for every part of my house."

This is why we're friends. And, why it's crucial to have a Partner In Crime that doesn't judge you for crazy ideas but instead veers you away from making a huge mistake.

The kind of mistake he'll likely have to help me fix.

No comments: