Thursday, July 12, 2018

I did a pretty big thing...

I decided to do a pretty big thing. I bought a house.

Why not keep renting? Because I live in a hip college town and mortgages are cheaper than renting. Sad, but true. And, well, I guess I needed a challenge.

I looked for a good six months, and finally found one I liked that I thought I could afford. This may very well be my "forever" home because I really loathe moving and this process was somewhat stressful.

It involved a quick exodus from my college town apartment. Staying with a friend for a month, and storage unit Tetris.

I can't say enough about my realtor. They were fabulous and helped so much. Hannah (particularly) talked me off a ledge more than once and made me feel like I was making the right choice.

In March 2018 I took possession of my very own tiny piece of North Lawrence.

Oh, and I watched the Money Pit on Netflix. Probably not smart. Not smart at all.


No comments: