Friday, June 19, 2015

Back to class...

Downtown at the Lawrence Arts Center. (photo from LAC)
One of the things I have discovered about Lawrence is there are so many things to do. You can just think of something random, and chances are you can find a group, person, or place that will help you do it.

My first "thing to do" is photography class at the Lawrence Arts Center.

The things you can do are endless. They have classes, camps, activities, and showings from local artists. My instructor for the class is a well-known Lawrence photographer who has done freelance work for several magazines, the University of Kansas, and some individual projects. She has been a great teacher because she is laid back, encouraging, and hands-on.

I am on week three of nine and I will post some of my assignments here on the blog. They'll be on the photography class page.

The first week we were instructed to bring in three of our favorite photos, and mine were all from South Africa! We showed them in class and we talked about them all before moving on to the weekly lesson. The second assignment is to take photos of life. So, let's hope this weekend I can get some assignment worthy shots at the farm.

No comments: